Prepping for an Cardiac Ablation:
- Do not take Pradaxa, Xarelto, and Eliquis the evening before your procedure and the morning of.
- Stop taking Coumadin 2 days before the procedure. No bridging necessary unless instructed otherwise.
- Discontinue Atenolol, Metoprolol, Cardizem, Amiodarone, Verapamil, and Digoxin 4 days prior.
- Nothing to eat or drink 12 hours before the study, you can have a few sips of water to take your medications.
- You may be staying one night for observation or you may be discharged same day depending the status post procedure.
You cannot drive for 5 days after the study so please arrange for any assistance you may need after.
Dr. Abed is our board certified Electrophysiologist. Abnormal heart rhythms come from electrical currents in your heart misfiring that can be fixed with procedures preformed by Dr. Abed.